The episode starts with the Ninja trying to find Evil Julian, Randy Cunningham then receives a phone call from Howard Weinerman, who tricks him into coming to his house. Meanwhile, Hannibal McFist is searching for the Ninja by looking through the window in his office until Viceroy informs him about a monster alarm being put in Norrisville High. Once the Ninja reaches his house, Howard informs him that the Cunningham family is moving out the next day later. Randy faints out of surprise and alarm.
When Randy wakes up, he realizes that he only has that day to rescue Norrisville High from Evil Julian, he sneaks out of the window and discovers that Evil Julian was amassing his power in Mount Chuck. Once the Ninja reaches Mount Chuck, he digs a small hole from above, which allows him to see Evil Julian opening a portal to the Land of Shadows, from which he intends to recruit an army of monsters. The Ninja consults the Nomicon, which recalls the events that led up to this situation and then teaches him the lesson:
|“||When facing an unbeatable enemy, seek an unlikely ally.||”|
Randy shloomps out of the NinjaNomicon, and then receives a phone call from Howard. Randy instantly guesses that the NinjaNomicon meant Howard as his "unlikely ally," so Randy tells Howard to come to Mount Chuck. He then realizes that Evil Julian is standing right behind him, ready to attack; the Ninja and Evil Julian battle, tumbling into the interior of the volcano. Meanwhile, Howard is unconcernedly waiting for the bus to Mount Chuck. Evil Julian then summons a giant monster from the Land of Shadows to attack the Ninja.
After that, Howard arrives at Mount Chuck and the Ninja tells Howard to help defeat the monster. During the fight, the Ninja realizes that Howard might not be the "unlikely ally" the NinjaNomicon was talking about. Then, as the duo run around desperately trying to dodge the flames from the fire-breathing monster and bolts of energy from Evil Julian, Howard abruptly decides to retreat to the Land of Shadows with the Ninja.
After Howard and the Ninja appear in the Land of Shadows, they meet Julian, who appears to have gone completely mad, as he now eats rocks and has made a friend of a gargoyle's skull (which he has named "Tyler"). Meanwhile, Evil Julian starts attacking the students of Norrisville High and absorbs all of the Sorcerer's power using his own power ball. The Ninja then asks Julian if he knows about a portal back to Norrisville, but in reply, Julian says he doesn't know — but Tyler does. The three, to Howard's disgust, pass under Tyler's direction through a series of bizarre landscapes, until they reach the cave, where a chained prisoner in fancy pants (whom Randy frees) directs them to the portal.
The portal back is inside the mouth of a horned beast, and Julian and Howard flatly refuse to enter it, preferring to stay in the Land of Shadows; the Ninja, in order to save the world, plunges through the portal back to Norrisville. There he discovers that Evil Julian is gathering the Sorcerer's stank in order to take over the world, and then realizes to his dismay that the NinjaNomicon wanted him to seek help from the Sorcerer. The Ninja then frees the Sorcerer and asks for his assistance, the Sorcerer agrees and helps the Ninja defeat Evil Julian.
With Evil Julian defeated, the Sorcerer, now at full power, decides to destroy the Ninja. Before the Sorcerer was able to land one last blow onto the Ninja, Howard and Julian gets out of the Land of Shadows and into Norrisville. Thus, giving the Ninja a chance to recover and form a plan. The Ninja finds out what he needs to do and locks the Sorcerer's power balls back in the hole where the Sorcerer was kept a prisoner, then locks the prison again. Everything was back to normal and the Sorcerer meets up with his former self and gets turned into ashes as he ascends to the afterlife.
The next day, Randy and Howard are seen saying their final goodbyes. Twenty minutes later, Howard discovers that Randy's parents bought the house next door and Randy invites him over. As the episode ends, the Creep speaks for the first (and, as it turned out, the last) time, saying, "You enjoy those snacks, Ninja. Your greatest battle is just around the bend."
- Land of Shadows monsters
- Gene Levine
- Randy's Neighbor
- The Sorcerer's Rat
- S. Ward Smith
- The Creep
- Bucky Hensletter
- Cass Simonson
- Jed Elinoff
- Scott Thomas
- S. Renisewn
- Theresa Fowler
- Nameless Blond Boy with White Shirt
- Nameless Boy with Black Shirt
- Nameless Boy with Freckles
- Nameless Girl Who Plays Cowbell
- Nameless Girl with Big Eyes and Green Shirt
- Nameless Girl with Green Hair and Dress
- Nameless Girl with Green Shirt
- Nameless Girl with Lavender Hair
- Nameless Girl with Red Shirt
- The title is an allusion to the phrase, "All's well that ends well."
- The Creep speaks for the first time, saying that Randy's battle as the Ninja is not over yet.
- This is the first episode in which a non-robot actually dies. The Sorcerer reunites with his good human part and turns into ashes, and Randy incinerates the monster that Evil Julian summoned.
- The final battle against the Sorcerer that the Nomicon told Randy about comes true in this episode.
- This is Randy and Howard's first time going to the Land of Shadows.
- The monsters and statues from the Land of Shadows have an Aztec/Mayan style.
- The Nomicon shows scenes from previous episodes, including "Randy Cunningham: 13th Century Ninja."
- This is the second time that Randy breaks his sword.
- The scene in which Viceroy is bouncing a ball off the side of his cage is a reference to the 1963 movie, The Great Escape, in which Steve McQueen's character, Hilts the "Cooler King," similarly bounces a baseball while in solitary confinement.
- This is the finale episode of the series as it was not renewed for a third season.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/randy-cunningham-9th-grade-ninja/episode-guide/EP01547258?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://www.zap2it.com/tv/randy-cunningham-9th-grade-ninja/episodes/SH015472580000